About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Saturday 9 July 2011

Sunshades

Well it seems that someone listened to my complaints about the weather yesterday and today has been gorgeous which meant I could get some more chipboard shapes painted, seeing as how I am banished to the garden to do these. Anyway they are for my next project.

I have just finished an entry for http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.com/ The challenge this week to make a birthday card. As the title of this blog post suggests I went for sunny shades of yellow and orange, using papers from the Papermania colour capsule collection range. I wanted to try something a little different this week so decided to give paper piecing a go.

I decided to make use of a pretty ballerina stamp I got as a cover gift some time ago with one of the many card magazines I buy, I stamped the image once onto card that I had coloured with a promarker (vanilla) as I didn't want the image on a stark white background. I then stamped the same image twice onto a creamy pearlised paper I picked up in the offers section of my local craft shop, and then twice more onto a pretty white and yellow polka dot paper from the Papermania range. Once the ink had dried I coloured the ballerina's arms face and hair using promarkers in shades of vanilla, blush pink, yellow and honeycomb. I also coloured the flowers in orange and yellow shades. I left her dress blank as this was going to be covered over with the paper piecing. Using curved decoupage scissors I cut out the images from the pearlised paper. I cut out the ballet slippers and placed these over the stamped image I had coloured. Then I cut out the underskirts of her dress and layered these up. From the images on the polka dot paper I cut the whole dress from one image and from the second I cut just the sleeve. These pieces were then layered over the coloured image to give a 3D effect. I then added little dots of glue to the background and used glimmer dust glitter in white to add interest.

The background of the card was a lovely deep yellow striped paper, on to the top of this I matted a strip of parchment paper with script in gold, and a deep orange design. All the panels were finished off using Pinflair flexi peel off borders.

The doily which was also coloured with pro markers and flowers were from Wild Orchid and the ribbons bows and butterfly and greetings were from my stash.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! Glad the weather has also turned nicer! :-). Thanks for joining us at Penny's! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card and so much detail thanks for sharingwith us all here at Penny's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you captured the vintage feel to this card just perfectly

    ReplyDelete