About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Friday 8 July 2011

Sunshine and showers

Well what a day it's been, absolutely pouring down, and having to dodge the showers to get home from work without getting drowned in the process.

Anyway I am bit last minute this week as I am only just getting round to posting this card for the http://sketchsaturday.blogspot.com/ from the 2nd of July.


I decided that I would use up some of the things in my 'I know these will come in useful box'

I again chose one of the lovely Faye Whittaker 'All Our Yesterdays' chipboard tags as the main image and to make it of the correct size to sit on the card I mounted it on some off cuts of various blue and yellow papers that were in the 'come in useful box'

whilst searching through there I came across the chipboard clouds and sun. They hadn't been painted and I didn't have the right colour paints in my box so I raided  my box of nail varnishes. This lead to a temporary banishment to the patio as my husband really can't stand the smell of nail varnish so these were painted whilst I sat in the sun after work earlier this week. I'm quite pleased with the results.

The background paper is a cloud design that I get from a local craft supplier and I usually use it for doing inserts for my cards but it has been promoted to the front page for this design.

The blue diamond design was another off cut from another project and along with the greeting I found them in my 'come in useful box'

It reminds me of a lovely sunny day at the seaside and after all the rain today and more of the same forecast for tomorrow, it's a welcome sight.

At least with rain forecast tomorrow once the weekly shop is done I'll have the perfect excuse for neglecting the garden and doing some crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment