About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Monday 6 February 2012

Valentine's Day OLL Design Team

Well as it is Monday it must be time for a new challenge over at Ooh La La Creations. Thanks to everyone who joined in the Seeing Double Challenge and congratulations to the winners. The Challenge this time is Valentine's Day.


My starting point for this card was the topper of the romantic couple from the Passion for Fashion  CD. I wanted to work with a red/black and grey colour palette to pick out the colours in the topper. I used the Femme Fatale CD for the backing paper and for the sentiment backgrounds. 

I used scraps of glitter paper in my stash and cut the flourishes using  Marianne creatables dies. The Key was liberated from a necklace I picked up in a high street fashion store. More scraps of glitter paper was used to cut the keyhole. I used one of the keyhole stamp from the urban stamp range by papermania and stamped the design on the rear of the red glitter card and cut it out before turning over to leave the glittered side showing and mounting it on black glitter card.

I printed the sentiments onto the backing paper using my computer and then cut these using the large label dies from x cut.


The flowers were cut from the black lace backing paper on the Femme Fatale CD and I cut individual flowers out and highlighted them using black ultra fine glitter and shaped then using a ball tool and an embossing pad.

It took me a while to juggle all the elements to come up with a composition I was happy with.

I am entering this card into the following challenges....
http://lilredwagon.blogspot.com - Valentines Day or Love 

11 comments:

  1. Love the colour combo you've chosen Alli. Brilliant card. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! this is fab Alli !! So many wonderful details and textures. I love the colour combo and all those beautiful flowers. The key and sentiment are perfect!
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and Good Luck in the Challenge!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a delish looking card, love the black and red
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card! The details are fabby. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the red and black colour combination, wonderful card! Thanks for joining in with us at MAWTT this week, good luck. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a great mix with this classic colors! This really is super fabby! Thank you for sharing and playing along with us this week at Moving Along With The Times - GDT MAWTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous colours and that key is FABULOUS!
    Thank for joining us at MAWTT this week and good luck with the Have A Heart challenge
    Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's a fabulous color pallet and absolutely stunning card.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. my goodness! what a stunning work of art! amazing!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Alli - Fab creations from you! Just popped by to award you 'The Liebster Award' - see my blog for details. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful creation! Love the black and reds together.
    Thanks for joinging us at Hooked On Craft Challenges,
    Hugs, Kelly xxx

    ReplyDelete