About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Monday 9 July 2012

Ooh La La DT Whiskers

Firstly thank you to everyone who entered our last challenge at Ooh La La creations. There were some gorgeous entries and picking a winner wasn't easy. You can see my top three over on the challenge blog. This week we have gone for 'Whiskers' for the challenge theme which gave me a chance to use the new CD 'Everyday Occasions' it really does what it says on the tin and has every occasion with the beautiful artwork that is synonymous with Ooh La La CD's. Here is what I came up with.




I started by printing the gorgeous mice onto card twice one image I left whole and the second image I fussy cut around the central image panel and then used gel glue to stick this to the base image to give a raised effect. The background was made from three different backing papers. I covered the  card blank with the dark blue paper and then cut strips of the yellow and dark blue papers which I edged using a Martha Stewart doily edge punch before layering alternating strips onto the base. I cut a diagonal trip of the sunflower paper and stuck this to the base panel, before edging with silver peel offs and adding the image panel and a punched butterfly.  To finish I printed a matching insert from the CD and fastened it inside the card.


I am entering this card in the following challenge

http://ppp-makeitmonday.blogspot.co.uk/ - linky party anything goes

8 comments:

  1. Brilliant design Alli. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spotted your adorable card on MIM. I really like the paper you've used and the mice make such a nice couple. The design is just great too! I think this card is suitable for many types of occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My, saw your card on MIM, this is so cute and I love those little mice - adorable. Fab, thanks for sharing.

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alli this is gorgeous I really love the image you have used the design is super.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card, saw it on mim x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely in love with your project! Thanks for sharing!
    I saw this on Make it Monday!
    These are my entries: #77, #163, #183, and #258 and would love it if you could visit.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Saw you card over at Make it Monday - its really cute! My cards are nos 52,57 and 251 this week if you'd like to take a look.
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete