About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Thursday 24 January 2013

Welcome to the World.

Recently a colleague left our team at work to have a baby. She now has a Beautiful daughter and I was asked to make a card fro her that we could all sign as a congratulations. Here is what I came up with.


Unfortunately the light when I took this wasn't very good due to it being such an overcast day. The background is a pink candy stripe paper from a free CD from a magazine. I have to admit to being totally addicted to my Sizzix bigshot so went to town on the die cutting and embossing. The trellis is a Cheery Lynne die. The pram and the frame for the sentiment are from Marianne, the flourishes are from memory box and I used a Nesties plain circle die for the base for the pram.

I decided to keep the background for the pram the same backing paper as for the main card and to make it stand out I edged the circle with a peel off border. I added glittered the pram frame wheels and hood with stickles iridescent glitter glue and added pearls at the centre of the wheels the hinge of the hood and the end of the handle.

The white panel is a piece of plain white card which I have embossed using a triboss folder to give a patchwork effect and this has a piece of white organza ribbon wrapped round it.

I added three pink pearls to the top right hand corner and the pink teddy bear at the bottom left is from my button box it looked a bit lost when I initially rested it on the card so I stuck it to a flat round white button to give it a bit of a lift.

I lined the inside of the card with the same striped backing paper adding a die cut oval message on the right hand side panel.

Everyone at work loved the card and it has generated a few orders for cards for other occasions from colleagues.

I am entering this card into the following challenge
http://celebratetheoccasion.blogspot.co.uk/ - new baby

6 comments:

  1. Hi Alli what a beautiful creation I really love those die cuts you have used also the wonderful colours and design an amazing card.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, thanks for playing at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, thanks for playing at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Alli, I'm sure your colleague was/will be super happy with this beauty! Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card!! Such a pretty design!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at CTO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely frames with the intricate cuts, such a pretty card! Thanks for sharing your creation with us this week @ CTO for our "Baby Card" challenge :)

    ReplyDelete