About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Friday 8 February 2013

P is for Post Box


Over at http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ the theme for this weeks Christmas card is P is for penguins or anything else beginning with P. So far I have done penguins, polar bears, puddings, poinsettias and now it is the turn of the humble post box

Again the card is part of my charity recycling project and have been made from pre loved Christmas cards donated by work colleagues with the addition of some freebie backing papers and bits from my scrap box..


This image and sentiment were actually one card but I split it and then trimmed both parts and matted them onto silver mirror card. I used the red mirror card backing to highlight the red of the post box and wrapped it with a strip of lovely paper from my scrap box. It feels more like fabric and has lovely waves of silver and opaque white running through it. I added a square of red and white polka dot paper behind the sentiment and mounted the sentiment at an angle finishing with a sequin snowflake and clear gem.

Once again I will enter this card into the folllowing challenges
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ - P is for Penguin or anything else beginning with P
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/ - Anything goes so long as it's Christmas


2 comments:

  1. Now, why didn't I think of P for postbox? Super card - thanks for another entry for CHNC challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful ones! Nice idea using a post box! Thanks for joining at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas extra challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete