About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Friday 15 March 2013

Egyptian Beauty

The challenge at CD Sunday is Land of the Pharaohs - this presented a bit bigger challenge than usual because I knew I had nothing remotely Egyptian in my CD or paper stash.

I found a lovely digi stamp on line at The Paper Shelter and downloaded the file which came with a pre coloured image as well as the outline stamp. Being a bit short on time I used the pre coloured image in this design.


I decided that I needed lots of gold and Jewels on the design and printed the gold leaf effect paper from the Magical Mystical Metallics CD from My craft studio. I used another backing paper from The Paper Shelter with the hieroglyphics and the border on. I happened to have some scraps of Gold card and deep blue glitter card lying next to each other on my craft table and together the two reminded me of the incredible death mask of the Boy King, which I was lucky enough to see as a child when it was exhibited at the British Museum. I layered the scraps up and die cut the top border and  then used the same die to trim the remaining piece of card into an hour glass shape which was then cut across the middle to form the two vases.

I am entering this card into the following challenges
http://cdsundaychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ - Land of the Pharaohs

9 comments:

  1. Great creativity in using the theme. I love what you did to make the stripy paper- it looks authentic!
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gold card and blue glitter is a striking effect - love it. Cute Cleopatra image too. Thank you for joining us this week at CD Sunday.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card made from scratch with a lot of imagination. Jenny was right when she said that our followers wouldn't be stumped by a difficult challenge.
    Thank you for joining in with us.
    Carol x
    Cd Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very creative and such a great card, thansk for taking the time to share it with us at CD Sunday this week.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. For someone who had 'nothing' suitable for this weeks challenge you've come up with an amazing design and a lovely card. Thank you for joining in.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card, love the gold and blue card together. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous card Alli, I love your gorgeous image and the blue and gold is really effective.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous Alli, i love how you have done this, the blue and gold is so right and the image is so sweet.
    sue-b xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. A sweet card, I love the colour combination. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete