About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Wednesday 13 March 2013

Traditional Santa

So many of the cards in the recycling project depicted Santa that it was difficult to know where to start when choosing one to create a card for CraftyHazelnuts Christmas Challenge blog this week. However when I came across this image I just knew he would lend himself to a bit of vintage styling.


I used Kraft card as a base because I feel that this grabs the vintage look immediately, apart from the ribbon and the greeting tag everything else is from the bits box and is left over from previous projects. The paper lace frame is the first one I ever cut with the Anja Oval die from Marianne and I ripped the bottom part getting it out of the die. I managed to cover the rip with the layers of paper and the image. The felt stocking was something else from the recycling bag and I added the die cut flowers which were all cut from scraps of paper and card. They are a bit fiddly to cut especially the centres but I am really pleased with the way they have turned out. I make them up in batches and just use them as I need them now.

So I will leave Santa checking his list to see who has been naughty or nice and enter this card into the following challenges.

http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ - Santa and/or his helpers
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/ -anything goes so long as it's Christmas

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous card Ali, just loving the little stocking
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ho, ho, ho, what a wonderful card - another lovely entry for my CHNC challenges - thanks x

    ReplyDelete