About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Monday 12 August 2013

Five Down Nineteen to go.

Well it's Monday so the new challenge at Through the Purple Haze has gone live. Their sponsor this week are floppy Latte and the theme is Flowers and Butterflies and other garden lovelies.

I used a lovely floral frame digi from Floppy Latte for my entry into this weeks challenge.



I coloured the frame using Spectrum Noirs Leaves DG1, DG2, DG3, Large Flowers GB2, GB3, GB4
small flowers HB1, HB2, HB3, Berries CR10, DR1, DR3,

I fussy cut the image and stick it to a piece of cream adorable scoreable card and added the die cut happy birthday to the centre.

The backing papers are a lovely textured deep rust coloured paper from Paper Mill and a green Lace paper which was a freebie from a magazine and has been in my stash for so long it has got searated from the cover so I have no idea who makes it. I fussy cut the edges f the lace paper and layered it up onto the rust coloured paper. I added the flower frame to the centre and then die cut three butterflies from copper pearlised paper and added them to the design. I used Cosmic Shimmer dries clear glue to coat the centre of the large flower and then added black glass bugle beads to it. I used the same glue to add dimension and a glossy finish to the berries. For the butterflies bodies I used Black pearl cosmic shimmer PVA to add small pearls to the smaller butterflies and the larger one I piped a body then added orange flat back pearls from inky impressions. I finished by adding a frame of orange pearls around the edge of the green lace paper.

I am entering this card into the following challenges 
http://throughthepurplehazechallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ Flowers and butterflies and other garden lovelies

8 comments:

  1. Hi Alli! That is a beautiful framed image and I love how you colored it and put it into a card the way you did! Love it! Thanks for joining again at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!

    Darcy DT
    TTPHC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just back from my hols so popping in to say hello Alli and look at your work which is great at always. Catch you again as soon as the dreaded washing is done.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful - i just love this card, well done.

    fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Alli. Those flowers look gorgeous and the pearls make a lovely finishing touch. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. I really like the frame with all the different flowers.

    Good luck and thanks for entering this weeks challenge.
    Lisa
    Through The Purple Haze Challenges Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning card i love the way u hae raised it up and made it like a reef and also finished off with pearls. thanks for playing along with through the purple haze (sian dt)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very very pretty.. Love the layout! Good luck with the Christmas challenge!
    and thanks for playing along at Through the Purple Haze
    Debs... DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning, I love the rust colour you've used. Thanks for sharing with us at Through the Purple Haze challenges, Lynne DT xxx

    ReplyDelete