About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Wednesday 25 September 2013

Button it up with Fab n Funky

Good morning and another Wednesday means it is time for another challenge over the Fab'n'Funky. There were some lovely entries into last weeks challenge of leaves, many of them in lovely rich warm Autumnal colours you can find out who the winners were by checking out the blog.

**************************************************************************
The theme for this weeks challenge is .....

Button It Up 

Add a button/buttons to your creations...Have fun

Our Fabulous Sponsor this week is...

The Paper Shelter


The lucky winner will receive a $20 Gift Certificate

Here is my card



I used the paper shelter pre coloured image of 'The Florist' I don't usually go for pre coloured images preferring to do them myself but I fell in love with the colours on this one and felt that she worked so perfectly with the digital background provided. I printed her onto water colour card to give some added texture to the white background, added some glitter highlights and edged her with a doily before sticking her onto the background I had edged this with brown ink and stuck it to a piece of Kraft card stock. I added some buttons in the corner and was originally going to leave it at that and just stick her to a 6x6 card blank. However I then decided she would look even better as an easel card. 


For the base of the easel I turned the background through 180 degrees and again stuck it to a piece of kraft card before adding it to the base. This left me the dilemma that the pre printed bow on the background was now upside down so I made a sentiment using My Craft Studio using the digital punch feature to obtain a back ground from the central panel of the digital background to get a perfect colour match, then used the pipette tool to get a matching colour for the text, before die cutting the heart. I added more buttons on the base to give the effect of them spilling down the front of the card.

I am entering this card into the following challenges 


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous easel card Alli, love your added sparkle and fab buttons.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Alli with so much attention to all the pretty details.

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete