About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Opposites Attract at Fab and Funky

Hello, well we had some wonderful entries for our 'Stick It' challenge, you can check out the winners over on the Fab n Funky blog http://fabnfunkychallenges.blogspot.co.uk/.

I am hosting this week so I have chosen the theme of 'Opposites Attract' The challenge to produce a project using two colours from opposing sides of the colour wheel



Our fabulous sponsors this week are 




and 

Here is the card I made using Stamp Art Smoochy Bears and taking my colours as Red and Green 


I coloured my image using promarkers 
Sandstone, Caramel and Cocoa for the bears 
Poppy and Berry for the red outfit 
Grass and Evergreen for the Green Outfit.

Once coloured I added a mixture of polar white flowersoft and an iridescent glitter flake that was a free gift with a magazine, I mixed small amounts of the two together in a box before using - it was a bit of an experiment on my part but I am happy with the shimmer effect it gives.

I used a lovely rich green centura pearl card stock and to give contrast a very matt red textured card stock from Papermania to do the matting and layering. The image was fussy cut and placed on a white label cut using a nesting labels die from Spellbinders.

Finally the sentiment and the sprig of mistletoe were cut using Tattered Lace Dies and the finishing touches were the pearls which were added using cosmic shimmer white pearlescent PVA.

I am entering the card into the following challenges
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/ - Anything Goes as long as it's Christmas 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas card Alli. Love this very cute pair in their sparkly fur trimmed outfits.
    Thanks for a great challenge this week. hugs, Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very sweet, Alli. The red and green is lovely. I love the glittery fur on the clothes! Great job. Love it! xx Kathryne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card Allie - love this image and all the glitter looks fab - great challenge this week - thank you hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully cute - thanks for sharing for both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see more of your lovely crafting soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could also share this lovely card for The Glory of Christmas challenge 15: 'anything goes' - I'd love to see it there too, Hazel, Glory of Christmas DT x

    ReplyDelete