About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Wednesday 11 December 2013

Snowflakes at Fab n Funky

Good morning, we had some marvellous entries for our Touch of Frost theme last week and the winners can be found over at the Fab n Funky blog.

This week we are keeping with the Winterey  theme  and it is .....

Snowflakes

Our lovely sponsor this week is StampArt Design by Kathryne


Prize: 5 Digis

As always we were given some wonderful digis to work with and I have used Using Alannah by  StampArt Design by Kathryne


This card is destined for our gorgeous grand daughter Chloe Ann and whilst she is a bit of a tomboy she also loves pink and glittery.

I used an 8x8 card blank and covered this with a piece of centura pearl card stock which had been wrapped in ribbon - it doesn't show up too well in the photograph but the ribbon is silver with little snowflakes printed on it. 

I coloured the image using Spectrum Noirs and Promarkers 

Hair Specturm Noir  FS2, TN1, GB,2, GB3, GB6
Skin  Spectrum Noir FS1, FS2,TN1 FS8
Eyes - Pro marker Cyan
Coat and trousers - Spectrum Noir PP1, PP2, PP3
Boots and Fur Promarkers Cool Grey 1, Cool Grey2, Cool Grey3 

I added clear rock candy dry stickles to the fur to add some sparkle.

I added a panel embossed using an embosilicious folder on Centura Pearl and then cut the snowflake wreath twice stuck one on top of the other and added white glitter. 

I fussy cut around Alannah leaving a very narrow white border and stuck her on to p of the wreath before adding more glittered snowflakes cut using a Tattered Lace snowflake die. Finally teh sentiment was cut from white card using Tattered Lace dies and I coloured them pink before sticking to the ribbons 

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Alli! I love all the glitter! Sound like it was a lot of fussy cutting but very much worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty and a lovely colour palette Ali.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card Alli...I'm sure your granddaughter will love it. Great design with this cutie sitting on the beautiful wreath. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Ali this is spectacular, wow, it is so beautiful, the image and die cuts look truly wonderful.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic Alli. Totally girly and I love the glittery snowflakes. Alannah looks super cute here too.

    It has been great working with you on the Fab'n'Funky team and I'm sad to go but looking forward to seeing what you all create in 2014.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete