About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Monday 20 January 2014

Cards for Men over at Ooh La La

Hello everyone,

Firstly thanks to everyone who entered our easel card challenge last time we have been treated to some gorgeous designs. You can the the winners  at http://ooh-la-la-creationschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/

This time the challenge is to come up with a Card for a Man. My dad's birthday is in March so I decided to make his card a bit earlier than usual and use it for the challenge.


I chose the image from the pyramage folder on the Boys to Men CD you can get this at a disculnted price from http://www.ooh-la-la-creations.com/Pages/SALE.aspx at the moment.

I also chose papers from the Boys to Men CD and used a lovely mat silver paper from my stash for the matting. The greeting is made using a combination of Tattered Lace bunting alphabet dies and Joanna sheen signature bunting dies. I used promarkers to colour the letters blue and red and then stuck these t the scraps of silver paper left over from the matting and layering. To keep with the colour scheme I added bakers twine in red white and blue and two plain blue buttons.




Inside the card I made my own insert by cropping part of the image from the front reducing the opacity and enlarging it to give a 7 and half inch square this was printed for the left side of the card. I then flipped the image and added in the centre of one of the 5x5 inserts from the CD and added this to the left of the card.


5 comments:

  1. What a lovely card, I love the colours that you have used with your card and the insert really gives it something else.
    I am now a fellow follower and cant wait to work with you more closely at Fab n Funky.
    Crafty Hugs
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card. Love the banners. I started following your blog and am really looking forward to work with you at Fab´n´Funky! Hugs, Sujin (Bastelarena)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Alli! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Allison! I love your card, very creative! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great card Alison, love the pennant
    hugs

    ReplyDelete