About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Wednesday 29 January 2014

Christmas at Fab n Funky

Hello everybody, Well it's Wednesday so it means a new challenge over at Fab nFunky Challenges

We had a fantastic response to our last 'All About The Words' challenge. The winners can be found there. 


Now, without further ado let me introduce our challenge for this week - 

Christmas

In an attempt to be better prepared this year, we’ve decided to have a Christmas card challenge every month.  So I hope you’ve not packed away all those Christmas goodies as we can't wait to see what you all create.

Our wonderful sponsor this week is




Here is my card using their Holly and Rosehip Wreath digi 


I coloured the image using coloured pencils, I started by colouring the holly leaves with a papermania metallic pencil. I then used a lighter green for the rose leaves and the hips were coloured an orange red colour and highlighted with a Sakura shimmer pen. I used a really light pink for the blossoms and then finished off by colouring the rose hips with a Sakura glaze pen in Christmas red to give a gloss finish.

I fussy cut the wreath and coloured the white edges with a gold metallic pencil. Then teamed it with some KaiserCraft Christmas papers that I had left over from all my Christmas crafting.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, love the image and colors!
    Looking forward working with you on Fab 'n' Funky!
    ♥ Sandra ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alli your pencil skills are amazing! Love all the different hues you achieved. Such an elegant and lush card. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Alli - i love the colours and tones of this card - its a really lovely image - make sure you keep those left over Christmas crafting goodies dusted throughout the year! for more of our Christmas challenges hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alli, this is stunning love your pencil work, the colours you have picked are great.
    Hugs Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Alli. I love the colours and the coloring is perfect!
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete