About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Tuesday 18 February 2014

You'll Never Walk Alone

Having been a 'red' since I was old enough to remember following the footie I was delighted to be asked by a friend to design a card themed on football for her son. Especially when she added 'It's got to be Liverpool by the way'

So here is a very simple design that I came up with for her.



I kept to a really simple colour scheme using red, white and black which is always a really striking combination. I had the little football kit in my stash from ages ago, so long ago in fact that it was the old Liverpool colours of red shorts and white top, so I coloured the top red to reflect the current kit.

I used red as my background layer and then added a black layer before adding a white panel that I had embossed using a 'happy birthday' embossing folder. I die cut a label from white and mounted this onto black and red card trimming by hand each time to leave a really narrow border I then stuck the kit down onto this panel and added it to the card.. The football was cut from black using a tattered lace die and then mounted onto white card to give the full effect before sticking it onto the card. I finished off with the sentiment.


The insert is a larger version of the  crest on the shirt with the liver bird and the words football club removed and the greeting added in their place.

I am entering the card into the following challenges.


8 comments:

  1. Fab card, thanks for joining us at artistic inspirations. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fab work. Everything in right places and so well done! Thank you for sharing your card in Artistic Inspirations, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant, last week i was singing "You'll never walk alone" with Gerry Marsden, he's touring with his group "The Pacemakers" x
    Thank you for joining in our challenge (Through the Purple Haze) good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic!! I love the simplicity, and the POP of red just makes this card perfect!! Wonderful job!! Thanks for entering the TTPH challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too cool. I love it. Great use of embossing for the TTPH challenge. Everything just works so well - from the sizing to the colors. Thank you for joining TTPH challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous masculine card love the large football and embossed background -thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card!! Great design! Thanks for joining Through the Purple Haze Challenge.

    Hugs
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful.........................just wonderful........

    fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete